FREE RECYCLING for all our clients!
Everything we do today seems to entail an electronic device of some sort whether it is at home or at work. These devices have a major impact on the environment through their creation, energy use, and most importantly, chemical makeup. The chemicals that make up computers are dangerous and toxic to all of us if they are not disposed of properly. They seep into water streams through landfills and the air through incineration.
Common chemicals found in electronics:
- Lead – CRT monitors and printed circuit boards
- Cadmium – Rechargeable batteries
- Beryllium – Motherboards
- Brominated Flame Retardants – Prevents combustion and the spread of flames
- Mercury – Illuminates flat screen displays
- Chromium – Corrosion inhibitor for metal housings
- Nickel – Corrosion inhibitor
- Polyvinyl Chloride – Insulation on wires and cables
The repercussions of mishandling the disposal of electronic equipment and the chemicals they contain can lead to a series of health risks potentially affecting everyone. Health risks include child deformities, blood disease, kidney failure, bone loss, lung disease, and cancer, to name a few.
CareTech takes its corporate responsibility for proper hardware removal and disposal seriously. We are proud to offer FREE recycling to all our clients and will even come pick it up for you! Our recycling center is 100% landfill free and does not ship any “leftovers” overseas. Every piece and part is dismantled and recycled according to EPA standards.